This past weekend we celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary with a trip to Martha’s Vineyard. The Vineyard was one of my family’s favorite vacation spots when I was growing up and if I count correctly we visited 7 times between 1977 & 1992. I’ve only managed to make it back there once since moving to Massachusetts (in 2001) and this was Susan and Peter’s first visit.
While there’s much to explore on the island we confined this trip almost entirely to Oak Bluffs. We stayed at the Pequot Hotel which had very friendly, hospitable staff and plenty of charm (with the exception of the thin walls and the very loud reject from the cast of Jersey Shore in the next room).
- sailing on the ferry to and from Woods Hole
- digging in the sand on the beach
- biking along the many bike paths
- riding the Flying Horses carousel many times
- a parade with pennyfarthing bicycles on Tivoli Day
- feeding the fish at the Waters of the World aquarium
- swinging and climbing and sliding at the playground
- visiting the gingerbread cottages in the Campground
See my web photo album for more Martha’s Vineyard pictures.