The author Liam Sullivan lives in Jamaica Plain, MA with his lovely wife and baby boy. He works at an academic library in Boston.
Panorama of the Mountains is about ideas and reflections. The name comes from the fact that I couldn’t find just one topic to blog about paired with a silly nickname I earned in college.
A typical week at Panorama of the Mountains:
- For a long time I thought about writing a professional blog but decided that I wouldn’t be able to sustain it. Still, once a week on Mondays I write about issues related to libraries, archives, records management, taxonomy & metadata management, and information sharing in general. I hope to write more from personal experience as well as commenting on the greater library world.
- On Tuesday I post reviews/summaries of the latest books I’ve been reading. Book reviews are pretty much the bread & butter of this website because I like to read often.
- Wednesday is a day for special ongoing projects spread out over multiple posts. Recently I counted down my 100 Favorite Books of All Time.
- Thursdays are my opinion/editorial days in which I’ll share my views on current events. My interests are widely ranging so I may write about politics, religion, public transportation, sports, music, parenting, bicycling, urban planning, and local issues from the greatest city in the world – Boston!
- Fridays are a wild card day where you’re likely to see reviews of movies, beer, performances, and walking tours. I also rarely met an internet meme I didn’t like. Expect some random silliness as well.
With less frequency I also post photographs, write travelogues, and hopefully will begin to add some original fiction.
To keep up to date with Panorama of the Mountains, subscribe to my rss feed: http://othemts.wordpress.com/feed/
Other places you can find me online:
Please join in the conversation and leave a comment below or on any post you find interesting. Check out the comment policy for more details.