Avast me hearties, it be International Talk Like a Pirate Day. All ye lubbers head over to the official web page and learn how to talk like a pirate. Shiver me timbers, ye’ll even learn pirate pick up lines!
Today is a good day for ye bilge rats to:
- Read about pirates (if ye be literate)
- Watch movies about pirates (Swashbuckler be playin’ at the Brattle Theatre this night)
- Learn about today’s pirates (also in National Geographic)
- Sing pirate songs
- Post like a pirate
- Watch Pirates battle Spanish missionaries
- Play a round of adventure golf
- Laugh at local pirate humor
- Thar be a Pirate-Librarian afloat as well
- Watch out for ninjas
It be a great day to be a pirate, maties.
Mad Sam Flint
Every pirate is a little bit crazy. You, though, are more than just a little bit. Like the rock flint, you’re hard and sharp. But, also like flint, you’re easily chipped, and sparky. Arr!
Get your own pirate name from piratequiz.com.
part of the fidius.org network