I’m so far behind on these “of the day” posts. I’ll start this one off with a fun clip from the Star Trek animated series:
And now the links, focusing mainly on Library 2.0, library humor, and all of the above.
- The essence of Library 2.0? by Meredith Farkas (Information Wants to Be Free, 1/24/08)
- Sam’s Club by Kate Sheehan (Loose Cannon Librarian, 1/29/08)
- Twine: The Semantic Web Is Here! (Friends:Social Networking Sites for Engaged Library Services, 2/3/08)
- Library Zero point Zero (the.effing.librarian, 2/4/08)
- Learn More: Blogs and Blogging, part 1 and part 2 by Steve Campion (Library Stream, 1/22/08 & 2/5/08)
- Directional questions, Answering (A Librarian’s Guide to Etiquette, 2/6/08) – so very tempted to get these pins
- Not in WorldCat – a blog dedicated to rare, interesting, unusual books and book-like things. I’m wondering if this would be a good resource for ILL?
- Social Software in Libraries, a presentation by Jessamyn West (librarian.net, 2/7/08)