For Sept. 23:
- I saw a woman in Harvard Square wearing a McCain/Palin t-shirt. I immediately assumed she was wearing it ironically, but after a few moments it occurred to me that she may be for real.
- There was a massive line at Boloco. Later I learned it was free burrito day. What does it say about me that I’d rather pay for a burrito than be in a mob of people?
- If you’re the gentleman to whom my son gave his slobbery pacifier on the Orange Line this morning, I once again heartily apologize.
- Speaking of the T, if you find a little baby sneaker, yeah, that’s ours too.
- The traffic light on Hyde Park Av at Forest Hills Station was stuck on permanent green tonight at rush hour. We stood on the sidewalk for like 6-7 minutes as caravans of cars and buses buzzed by. Finally a friendly cop came out and stopped the traffic for the crowd of people gathered by the crosswalk.
- I’m not a conspiracy theorist, but I tell you I saw three black helicopters flying in a row over Forest Hills as I walked up the hill to my house.
- Today’s the 100th anniversary of Merkle’s Boner (all the 12-year old boys in my readership are rolling on the floor laughing now).