A slow two weeks. I got sick and I’ve been busy, but regardless I don’t think anyone would ever accuse me of being a die-hard anything.
Arsenal 2:1 Everton (2 Feb 2011)
I came home early from work due to a snow storm, turned on this match and saw Everton up by 1 goal in the 60th minute. My first thought was “Woah, Everton’s got a lead on Arsenal.” My next thought was “How are they going to blow it?” I guess I’m becoming cynical, but soon enough Andrey Arshavin equalized. Not content with just another draw, Everton allowed another goal just a few minutes later off the head of Laurent Koscielny. Neither goal was particularly great, but apparently the Everton goal shouldn’t have counted at all. Alas.
Palermo 2:1 Juventus (3 Feb 2011)
Palermo got off to a strong start against yet another storied Serie A side scoring two goals within the first 20 minutes. Juventus controlled a lot of the possession and were able to halve the difference in the 36th minute, but unlike their game versus Inter, Palermo was able to hold on for all three points.
Fulham 1:0 Newcastle (3 Feb 2011)
The two sides struggled in a deadlock at Craven Cottage until finally the home side opened up the score on a lovely shot by Irish international Damien Duff in the 66th minute. Fulham held off Newcastle for the rest of the match defending a well-earned win.
Sporting Gijón 1:1 Barcelona (12 Feb 2011)
Barcelona’s 16 game win streak in La Liga came to an end after a rather flat performance put them down in the 16th minute. Sporting held on to the 1-goal lead for a long time hoping to eek out an upset but David Villa equalized for Barça in the 79th minute.
Fulham 0:0 Chelsea (14 Feb 2011)
The second leg of the West London Derby met at Craven Cottage on Valentine’s Day. Chelsea clearly outplayed their hosts in every measure except the one that counts balls going over the goal line. This was a very frustrating game especially since Fulham had a golden chance to steal 3 points when David Luiz brought down Clint Dempsey in the box in stoppage time. Sadly the American hero looked all too human as his penalty kick was blocked by Chelsea keeper Petr Cech.
- Boston Breakers (18 July)
- Football at Fenway (22 July)
- Forming an Association with Football (8 Aug)
- This Week In Soccer (15 Aug)
- Soccer Week in Review (20 Aug)
- Soccer in Excess (25 Aug)
- Soccer Week (3 Sep)
- Slow Soccer Week (10 Sep)
- Soccer Weekend (13 Sep)
- Fútbol & Voetbal (20 Sep)
- Soccer Heartbreak and Gut Punches (27 Sep)
- Sister City’s Soccer (4 Oct)
- International Draws (13 Oct)
- Footy Report (18 Oct)
- End of Summer Soccer (27 Oct)
- Soccer Update (8 Nov)
- Socceraholic (15 Nov)
- Thankful for Soccer (29 Nov)
- 30 Day Football (Soccer) Challenge (13 Dec)
- The World of Soccer (20 Dec)
- Soccer Holiday (3 Jan)
- Soccer Spectating Report 2-9 January (10 Jan)
- Soccer Spectating Report 10-23 January (24 Jan)
- Soccer Spectating Report 24-31 January (1 Feb)