9 years and 11 days ago I published my first post on this blog. Blogging was already going out style when I started and these days if someone is known as a blogger they’re more likely to be a paid columnist than an enthusiastic amateur. I’ve always maintained that I am the number one audience for this blog and it’s still the way it works, both as an outlet for my need to write and to go back to read and remember things. Still, I’m a little envious of the bloggers who are able to get communities of like-minded folks to discuss things on their blog posts. I’ve never been good at the whole socializing thing in real life so I guess I’m wallflower her too. Nevertheless if you ever have a moment to share a comment or the blog or tweet me (@othemts) about something on this blog, I’d appreciate it.
As I begin the 10th year of this blog, I have some ideas of things I’d like to write about (assuming I find the time and discipline to write about all the things I’d like to write about).
- A series on urban development issues – making cities better through improved and increased housing, public transportation, and bicycle facilities.
- Music discoveries – where I listen to a lot of music by an artist or band I don’t know very well and write about what I learn.
- Movie reviews – I don’t watch movies much anymore. I’m thinking of doing “30 Days of Movies” or something like that.
Of course book reviews, beer reviews, photographs, and commentary on important issues will continue.
And don’t forget my other blogs!
- Boston Bike Commuter
- Portals of Discovery on Tumblr
- Cow Trod Ho! a Tumblr sideblog on Doctor Who
Hooray for blogging, and hooray for another year.
- At last, a first post (2006)
- At last, a 393rd post (2007)
- At last, a 671st post (2008)
- At last, a 935th post (2009)
- Six Years (2012)
- Seven Years of Blogging Down the Drain (2013)