We spent the long Labor Day weekend visiting Mount Desert Island and Acadia National Park in Maine. It was our first visit in 10 years, and thus our first visit with the kids. I’ve been blogging long enough to have a full travelogue of our “babymoon” in 2007 still online.
We stayed at terrific vacation home in Bass Harbor on the “quiet side” of the island.
Highlights of the trip include:
- Diver Ed’s Dive-in Theater
- Dinner on the patio overlooking Bass Harbor at the Seafood Ketch
- Making stops along the park loop road in Acadia National Park (especially Thunder Hole)
- Riding the Carriage Roads on bike rented from the helpful and friendly Southwest Cycle
- Popovers at the Jordan Pond House
Here is a small selection of my photos of this most photogenic island.