I published the first post on this blog on December 4, 2006. Although that anniversary passed a week ago, I did not want to let it go unremarked upon. So here are some thoughts on being eleven:
- This is the 2,676 post published to this blog.
- I’ve now been blogging for one quarter of my life which seems like a pretty remarkable portion of time.
- Still, it could’ve been longer. I regret not going through with my thoughts of signing up for a LiveJournal in the early 2000s. It would be fun to look back at now.
- I’ve reverted back to the original name of this blog, Panorama of the Mountains. It was foolish to believe that anything else could be more suited.
- I’ve also redecorated. Tell me what you think!
- I’ve recently started using Instagram. You can see it on the sidebar or check out my account. I’m trying to take interesting photographs everyday which I share there.
- I’m still also using Tumblr (Portals of Discovery) and have a ridiculous Doctor Who-themed sideblog.
- And you may find me tweeting at @othemts (general tweets, mostly politics and sports) or @archivaliam (professional tweets related to libraries, archives, records management), but I’m taking a bit of a rest from Twitter right now.
These are the five most viewed posts published in the past year:
- Upcoming Protests and Rallies in Boston Area (262 views)
- Tito Jackson for Mayor of Boston (128 views)
- Book Review: Nobody by Marc Lamont Hill (121 views)
- Vote November 7th: Tito Jackson for Mayor of Boston (69 views)
- Book Review: Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis by J. D. Vance (61 views)
Here are five posts that I like that need more love:
- It Can Happen Here
- Concert Review: A Tribe Called Red
- Book Review: Holy Spokes
- Music Discoveries: Tom Waits
- TV Review: Stranger Things
So that was the year that was…