Hokey smokes, I completely forgot to commemorate by 12th anniversary of this blog’s first on December 4, 2006! It seems amazing to do anything for 12 years, much less spend hundreds of hours writing something no one reads. (j/k)
Here are some thoughts on being twelve:
- This is the 3,049th post I’ve published.
- In the past year I’ve quit Facebook and Tumblr, so I’m trying to rely on this blog to connect with people even more.
- Nevertheless, I still maintain an accounts on Instagram, Pocket, and two Twitter accounts: @Othemts for general tweets and @ArchivaLiam for archives & library issues.
- I also moved my Doctor Who sideblog from Tumblr to WordPress.
- I’m curious about what other social media alternatives may be out there. Mastodon? MeWe? Vero? Where’s the next bold internet venture where all the good people are hanging out?
- This year I debuted the following new features;
- I created new pages as indexes to help you find some of my best back posts:
- I enjoyed participating in the following blogging projects:
My most popular posts from the past year according to WordPress stats:
- VOTE on September 4th! Massachusetts Primary Elections
- Major League Baseball Expansion: A 32 Team Option
- Concert Review: Janelle Monáe
- Movie Review: Ai Weiwei: Never Sorry (2012) #atozchallenge
- Album Review: The Beatles “White Album” Super Deluxe Edition
Here are five of my personal favorite posts that I think more people should read and comment on:
- No Such Thing as Free Parking in Boston
- Photopost: The Orchid Show #OrchidNYBG
- The Numbers Favor #Resistance
- Major League Baseball Expansion: A 48 Team Option
- Red Sox World Series Games Ranked
But most of all, I really, REALLY want people to give some attention to my City Stories. I plan to write more of these in 2019 and it would be great to get some feedback.
And now onto a Lucky 13th year!