Beer: No Resolutions IPA
Brewer: Bronx Brewery
Rating: *** (7.5 of 10)
Another treat from the Bronx, pours out a deep amber with big bubbles, with a thick but swiftly dissipating head. The aroma is earthy and fruity, and while typical to the IPA style the flavor is bitter but doesn’t assault you with bitterness. The balance means that the last flavor is malty rather than an a hoppy aftertaste.
Here’s my annual list of my ten favorite books read in the year. As always, this is merely the best books I read this year and not necessarily books published in 2018 For previous years see 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007 and 2006. You may also want to check out My Favorite Books of All Time or see Every Book I’ve Ever Read cataloged in Library Thing.
In alphabetical order:
Books Read in 2018
The books are rated on a scale from 1 to 5 stars with links to summary reviews. (A) is for audiobook.
Here’s a thumbnail of what the ratings mean:
- 5 stars – all-time classic (I’m very stingy with these)
- 4 stars – a particularly interesting, well-written, or important book
- 3 stars – a good book from start to finish
- 2 stars – not a good book on the whole but has some good parts
- 1 star or less – basically a bad book with no redeeming values