Today it is exactly four weeks until Election Day on November 3rd, 2020. It’s an exciting and terrifying time, but I remain hopeful. Voting alone will not help restore democracy and help make our country that works for all its people – advocacy, activism, and protest will be necessary as well – but I believe the results of the 2020 election can give us a big push in the correct direction.
I need my fellow Massachusetts citizens to do the following things:
- Double-check your registration.
- Find your polling location at www.wheredoivotema.com.
- Early voting begins on October 17. Check www.MassEarlyVote.com for the postings of early voting information for cities and towns or visit your own city/town hall website. Boston has a particularly helpful website for early voting at https://www.boston.gov/departments/elections/vote-early-boston
- Apply to vote by mail if you haven’t already.
- Check my lists of candidates running for the US Senate and Governor in other states and adopt one or more candidates to support with donations, contacting friends who live in those states, and volunteering for their campaigns.
- Vote YES on ballot question #2 to bring Ranked Choice Voting to Massachusetts. This is an exciting opportunity to ensure that our elected officials represent the majority of the people rather than extremist factions.
Please share this post widely on social media and feel free to contact me if you need help figuring how to navigate the electoral system in you city or town. I’m pretty good at tracking those things down.