I wasn’t going to do The Blogging A to Z Challenge this year. I’ve done 7 different challenges in the previous five years and didn’t feel like putting the time and effort into this year, especially since I’m doing the Rolling Stone 500 Greatest Albums project and the Classic Movie Project II.
But then I realized that I could combine things. What if I watch Classic Movies from the AFI, Cahiers du Cinéma, and Sight & Sound lists in alphabetical order and post the reviews to coincide with Blogging A to Z posts? And so I’ve found I’ve found 21 films from my Classic Movie project which I will review as part of the Blogging A to Z Challenge, some of which are rather creatively assigned to their respective letters of the alphabet. I also have picked out six movies from my general watchlist to fill out the list.
Compared to my previous A to Z Challenges, I expect this will be minimal effort, although I will definitely spend time reading and commenting on other peoples’ blogs. And what of my previous A to Z Challenges? Check them out below:
- 2016: A journey through my neighborhood of Jamaica Plain in Boston.
- 2017: A spontaneous photograph each day.
- 2018: Watched and reviewed documentary movies.
- 2019: A Song and a Story and Documentary Movies, Part II.
- 2020: Revisiting My All-Time Favorite Movies and Documentary Movies, Part III