Welcome to Books and Revolution. This is the personal blog of Liam Sullivan, a dad, archivist, voracious reader, music aficionado, beer drinker, and wannabe activist residing in Jamaica Plain, MA.
This blog is similar to it’s previous iteration as Panorama of the Mountains as it is primarily book reviews and review of other things I consume, but I also wish to make it a vehicle for my voice on political and social issues that are affecting us all in these trying times. Issue of concern include: public education, public transit, affordable housing, ending poverty, civil rights and equality for all (regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, or religion), immigrant rights, environment and climate change, and criminal justice reform.
What you can expect at Books and Revoution:
- Regular book reviews, completed when I finish reading a book
- Less frequently, reviews of beer, movies, tv shows and other things I enjoy
- Once a week: my thoughts on a current political issue or way to get involved in activism
- Once a month:
- What I’m Listening to Now – a round-up of podcasts, songs, and albums worth listening to
- Music Discovery – I listen to a lot of music by a band or artist and let you know what I learned
To keep up to date with Books and Revolution, subscribe to my rss feed: https://othemts.wordpress.com/feed/
Other places you can find me online:
- Boston Bike Commuter – my other blog about issues related to bicycle commuting and advocacy
- Library Thing
- Tumblr: Portals of Discovery and Cow Trod, Ho! (my Doctor Who sideblog)
- Personal Twitter account
- Professional Twitter account
Please join in the conversation and leave a comment below or on any post you find interesting. Check out the comment policy for more details.