Welp! The A to Z Challenge is complete, so it’s time to get back to the regular routine around here, which means sharing great new songs from the past month! What new songs do you love? Let me know in the comments.
Calexico and Iron & Wine :: Father Mountain
CLAVVS :: Lay Back
Kindness :: Cry Everything featuring Robyn
Mavis Staples :: Change
Remo Drive :: The Grind
It’s that time of the year for my list of favorite songs. I’m doing things a little differently this year. First, I have 25 songs to recognize this year (plus one honorable mention). Second, I’m ranking them. Third, I’ll be publishing the list over three posts today. I’ve limited the list to one song per artist, lest I just list the entirety of Dirty Computer.
Let’s get started!
Honorable Mention: “BAMM” :: Milo Manheim, Meg Donnelly, Kylee Russell (from Zombies)
25. “Hollywood (feat. Snoop Dogg & Jamie Principle)” :: Gorillaz
24. “Baby Luv” :: Nilüfer Yanya
23. “Tear Me to Pieces” :: Meg Myers
22. “Loneliest Girl” :: Princess Chelsea
21. “May Your Kindness Remain” :: Courtney Marie Andrews
20. “Semicircle Song” :: The Go! Team
19. “Future Me Hates Me” :: The Beths
18. “Under the Wheels” :: Calexico
17. “In Your Beat” :: Django Django
16. “Before the Waters Get too High” :: Parquet Courts
Stay tuned for part two!
Favorite Songs by Year