I love reading books and book reviews are the heart of Panorama of the Mountains. I’ve been keeping track of the books I read since I was a teenager and I’ve attempted to catalog every book I’ve ever read at LibraryThing.
One of my big reading projects is Around the World for a Good Book, where I’ve been attempting to read an original work of fiction from every nation in the world.
On this page I’ve provided links to posts about my favorite books as well as my running lists of books I’ve read this year. If there’s a book you’d like to discuss or think I should read, let me know in the comments!
Favorite Books by Year:
Complete List of Books Read in 2023
The books are rated on a scale from 1 to 5 stars with links to summary reviews. (A) is for audiobook.
Here’s a thumbnail of what the ratings mean:
- 5 stars – all-time classic (I’m very stingy with these)
- 4 stars – a particularly interesting, well-written, or important book
- 3 stars – a good book from start to finish
- 2 stars – not a good book on the whole but has some good parts
- 1 star or less – basically a bad book with no redeeming values
- The Number Ones by Tom Breihan – ***1/2
- Land of Love and Drowning by Tiphani Yanique – **1/2
- How Green Was My Valley by Richard Llewellyn (A) – ***
- Black Water Sister by Zen Cho (A) – ****
- Death Is Hard Work by Khaled Khalifa (A) – ***
- Cosmos by Carl Sagan – ****
- LIBERIA: She Would be King by Wayetu Moore
- SAMOA: The Adventures of Vela by Albert Wendt
- FRENCH POLYNESIA: Frangipani by Célestine Vaite